Fangelina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelina's tattoos

3 posters

Go down

Angelina's tattoos Empty Angelina's tattoos

Post by Lara Croft Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:00 am

Angelina's tattoos Tetova10
1. BUDDHIST PALI INCANTATION - on her left shoulder blade written in Khmer script, Cambodian. To protect her and Cambodian son Maddox. Done by Noo Kanhphaiin in Pathum Thani (north of Bangkok). It translates as, "May your enemies run far away from you. If you acquire riches, may they remain yours always. Your beauty will be that of Apsara. Wherever you may go, many will attend, serve and protect you, surrounding you on all sides."

2. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - on the back of her neck, favorite song by The Clash.

3. LATIN PHRASE AND CROSS - on her left hip, the cross covers a tattoo of a little dragon with a blue tongue she had done while drunk in Amsterdam. The latin phrase is "Quod me nutrit me destruit." meaning, "What nourishes me, destroys me."

4. TRIBAL - on her lower back just below the Bengal tiger.

5. ROMAN NUMERALS XIII AND V MCMXL - underneath her left forearm, XIII is 13 in roman numerals to show she doesn't believe in superstitions. V MCMXL is 13 May 1940, the date Winston Churchill gave his famous speech, he said "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."

6. RUNE STYLE LETTER "H" - on her left wrist, reminder of brother James Haven.

7. LETTER "M" - on the palm of her right hand, to remember and honor her mother Marcheline Bertrand who passed away January 27 2007 (faded).

8. ARABIC SCRIPT- underneath her right forearm, meaning "Strength of Will" or "Determination". It covers up the abstract line tattoo that she had done and created with ex husband Billy Bob Thornton.

9. TENNESSEE WILLIAMS QUOTE - on her left arm, it says "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages." Done together with her mother.

10. BENGAL TIGER - on her lower back, 12" long 8" wide Bengal tiger done in Bangkok July 8 2004 by the same artist who did the Buddhist Pali Incantation (1.) The tiger's tail covers her blue window tattoo.

11. GEOGRAPHICAL COORDINATES - upper left arm, latitudes and longitudes of the locations where all of her children entered her life. This tattoo covers the Asian dragon tattoo and Billy Bob's name although it's still slightly visible.
Lara Croft
Lara Croft

http://http//angelinajolie.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Angelina's tattoos Empty Re: Angelina's tattoos

Post by Lara Croft Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:01 am

REMOVED/COVERED UP TATTOOS

Asian Dragon & Billy Bob's name now covered by geographical coordinates.

Tribal Dragon which is now partly covered by the Bengal Tiger.

Blue Window now covered by Bengal tiger's tail, this represented the fact that she always found herself looking through the window, wishing she was somewhere else, she had it covered because she is now where she wants to be.

Blue Tongued Dragon now covered by the cross.

Abstract Lines now covered by Arabic phrase.

Kanji Symbol for Death now removed and covered by Khmer Script.

Japanese Symbol for Courage now removed as ex husband Johnny Lee Miller has a matching tattoo.

Energy Waves below naval, perhaps removed and tattoo in pubic area referring to Billy Bob.
Lara Croft
Lara Croft

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalanta Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 am

Here is a run down of the film star’s ink – and the meanings of all her intricate designs…

The words “Know your rights” sit at the base of Angelina’s neck. The phrase is the title of a Clash song and, according to the actress, a slogan of empowerment. She has described it as “humanitarian, but a little punk rock”:

Angelina's tattoos Know

An incantation in Khmer, on her left shoulder blade, is arguably Angelina’s most recognisable tattoo. Khmer is the native language of Cambodia – the country where her son Maddox was born. A possible translation is: “May your enemies run far away from you/If you acquire riches may they remain yours always/Your beauty will be that of Apsara/Wherever you may go, may will attend, serve and protect you, surrounding you on all sides”:

Angelina's tattoos Kmer

The 12-by-eight-inch Bengal tiger tattoo, which is visible on Angelina’s lower back, was done during a visit to Bangkok, Thailand, in 2004. Artist Sompong Kanhphai took two hours to complete the design and then blessed it by chanting an ancient hymn. Angelina reportedly had the tattoo done to celebrate her Cambodian citizenship:

Angelina's tattoos Tigar

The tattoo on Angelina’s upper left arm is a tribute to her rainbow coloured family. The design features the geographical co-ordinates of where her six children were born:

Angelina's tattoos Coor

A Tennessee Williams quote on the actress’s left forearm reads: “A prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages”. The phrase is the subtitle of Williams’ 1941 play Stairs to the Roof. Angelina’s mother, Marcheline Bertrand, was with her when she got this tattoo:

Angelina's tattoos Cages

Angelina originally had XIII – the Roman numeral for 13 – tattooed on the inside of her left forearm because she doesn’t believe in superstitions. She later added V MCMXL to the design, which is believed to be a reference to the date (May 13, 1940) when Winston Churchill declared: “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat”:

Angelina's tattoos 13-2

A rune-style tattoo of the letter ‘H’ is visible on the inside of Angelina’s left wrist. The design is said to be a reminder of either her brother, James Haven, or her ex-boyfriend, Timothy Hutton:

Angelina's tattoos H-1

Angelina has an Arabic script tattoo on her inner right arm which means “Determination”:

Angelina's tattoos Arab

·Angelina got a thick black cross tattoo on her left hip on the day before she married Johnny Lee Miller in 1995. In her own words: “It was all symbolic, and it was a good thing, nothing dark.” Next to the cross is the Latin phrase “Quod me nutrit me destruit” which means “What nourishes me destroys me”:

Angelina's tattoos Krs

A subtle letter ‘M’ on the palm of Angelina’s hand is a tribute to her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who died in January 2007:

Angelina's tattoos M-2

Angelina’s first ever tattoo was the Japanese symbol for death, which she had drawn on her left shoulder blade. The Khmer incantation now sits in its place:

Angelina's tattoos Jap

A dragon tattoo, which she reportedly got while drunk in Amsterdam, was covered by the cross design on her hip.

Angelina's tattoos Krs

Angelina used to have an Asian dragon tattoo on her upper left arm, with the name of her second husband Billy Bob Thornton above it:

Angelina's tattoos Billy

It took five visits to the tattoo removal clinic to erase the design after they broke up. The geographical co-ordinate of where her children were born are now in its place:

Angelina's tattoos Coor

Angelina had the Japanese symbol for courage removed from her inner right arm. The actress’s ex-husband Jonny Lee Miller had a matching tattoo, and Angelina had hers removed because she said it didn’t feel like her own:

Angelina's tattoos Ja

An abstract lines tattoo on her right arm was a custom design by Angelina and Billy Bob Thornton. (It is now covered up by her Arabic script):

Angelina's tattoos Crte

Angelina originally had three tattoos on her lower back – a tribal design, a blue window and a tribal dragon. The window, which was a symbol for the fact she always found herself wishing she was somewhere else, is now covered up by her Bengal tiger’s tail. The design also covers the other two tattoos:

Angelina's tattoos Proz
Atalanta
Atalanta
Administrator
Administrator

https://angelinajolie.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Croft Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:29 am

my fave tattoo was that dragon..........
Lara Croft
Lara Croft

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaValino Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Wink I LOOOOOOOVE her tattoos.....

I love everyone's tattoos................ Razz
LeaValino
LeaValino
VIP Member
VIP Member