Fangelina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Millar still courting Angelina Jolie for “Wanted 2″

2 posters

Go down

Mark Millar still courting Angelina Jolie for “Wanted 2″ Empty Mark Millar still courting Angelina Jolie for “Wanted 2″

Post by christyjolie Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Mark Millar still courting Angelina Jolie for “Wanted 2″
February 4, 2010 by Sherry
5 Comments
We’ve talked about it before and it seems that the reality is that Wanted 2 is going to happen because according to Mark Millar the script for Wanted’s sequel is nearly completed. The big question is: Will Angelina Jolie star in Wanted 2 like they’ve been hoping?

Of course, the even bigger question is how are they going to include the character of Fox in the sequel? On the other hand, that would be something that would definitely push me to see the movie – sheer curiosity!

Mark has essentially admitted that Angelina is not officially on board but if they’re still working on it then that means she probably hasn’t said a flat-out no either. I have a feeling that she’ll be interested if the final script makes it worthwhile. Angelina doesn’t need to do a movie to make money, she does movies because the topic touches her or the role seems like it would be a lot of fun to do. Mark said this about the current process of getting everyone to agree:

“We’ve been going back and forth with some ideas, but there’s a lot of people to please. There’s Angelina Jolie, there’s [director] Timur [Bekmambetov] and there’s Universal. Everybody is a perfectionist on it, so nobody wants to come in and cash the check and take off. Everybody wants it to be good. And the first movie made $340 million, so the bar is pretty high. It’s not as if we started small and this could hopefully get a bit bigger. This has got to be mega now because the last one made a lot of money and people are expecting a lot from it.”

I don’t think that a sequel is necessary for Wanted and I’m not even sure it’s a good idea. Sequels aren’t a guarantee of success (of course it has worked well for some film franchises, but many tend to bomb), and in the case of Wanted’s ending it could end up being really bad. I’d venture that a prequel might work better in this case, but if Angelina gives it a chance then I’ll try it with an open mind.
christyjolie
christyjolie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Mark Millar still courting Angelina Jolie for “Wanted 2″ Empty Re: Mark Millar still courting Angelina Jolie for “Wanted 2″

Post by Lara Croft Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:07 pm

gr8! xD
Lara Croft
Lara Croft

http://http//angelinajolie.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down